We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exeter Leadwood vs. Lion Sands Ivory Lodge

San Francisco
2 posts
Save Topic
Exeter Leadwood vs. Lion Sands Ivory Lodge

Does anyone have any insight as to how these compare with each other? I need to decide for a trip in October. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, how do these stack up against Singita and Sabi Sabi Earth Lodge?

Thanks!

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,571 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exeter Leadwood vs. Lion Sands Ivory Lodge

Hi there! These are great lodges that you're considering! I have stayed at all of them, and all of them are highly recommended! Firstly, to compare Exter Leadwood & LS Ivory - I would consider the game viewing on the game drives at Leadwood as much much better. Exeter share a game viewing traversing area with other lodges, and this aids in the spotting of game. Lion Sands don't share traversing with any other lodges, so while I am sure that the animals are there, they are harder to find because there aren't so many eyes out there looking for them during game drive times. The accommodation of both lodges is breath taking and ultry luxurious, with Ivory Lodge being the more luxurious of the 2. You will be treated like royalty at both lodges, as the service is of the best in the industry at both Ivory & Leadwood. Cuisine at Ivory would be a bit better. Both lodges offer breath taking views of rivers - with Leadwood overlooking the Sand River and Ivory overlooking the Sabi River.

Sabi Sabi Earth Lodge and Singita Ebony & Boulders (the 2 Singita lodges that are in the Sabi Sands) are also very highly recommended lodges! When it comes to service, I would rank Singita tops of all 4 lodges you have mentioned.

Feel free to ask more questions, and good luck with all of the arrangements - remember that October is our safari lodge high season, and availability at the recommended lodges is getting very low, so you need to make your reservations as soon as possible!

San Francisco
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Exeter Leadwood vs. Lion Sands Ivory Lodge

Thanks so much for the very helpful information. I have a confirmed suite at Leadwood and have just found out that there is no availability at Ivory.

Is it worth looking into availability at Earth lodge or Ebony & Boulders or should I just be content with Leadwood?

If I end up staying at Leadwood, do you have any inside tips or information that would make my stay better?

Thanks again!

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,571 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exeter Leadwood vs. Lion Sands Ivory Lodge

I think it's great that you were able to get a reservation at Exeter Leadwood, and would keep the reservation as is, if I were you! I'll send you a private message with some "Leadwood tips"!

Berkshire, UK
Level Contributor
157 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Exeter Leadwood vs. Lion Sands Ivory Lodge

Africa Direct

any chance you could also email me with some Leadwood tips? We're booked there for 3nughts end September!

many thanks

Virginia
Level Contributor
536 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Exeter Leadwood vs. Lion Sands Ivory Lodge

BoomDizz and Merlin, I have not been on forum lately but I did see your questions about Leadwood Exeter. We were there June 2007 and it was amazing; the lodge, the staff and the game viewing. We did not want to leave. On our last day we skipped the am game drive and had our own personal one as we were packing. An elie was chomping away on some brush and slowly but surely made her way up to our room...have some fabulous pics of the elie peering through the window and stepping over our private pool. It was awesome. Send me your email address and I will send photos of the lodge and the elies.

The staff is terrific; we had a great guide and tracker and I wish I were back there now!

Leading up to our trip Africa Direct was most helpful in giving me info on Exeter and I am glad I listened! gracie

6. Re: Exeter Leadwood vs. Lion Sands Ivory Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 12:17