We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arathusa and ?

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
23 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Arathusa and ?

Staying in Sabi Sands for 6 nights in November. Would like to split it between 2 lodges, Arathusa and ? Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Thanks

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,533 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arathusa and ?

Hi there! As you may know, Arathusa is in the northern region of the Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve. I would recommend that you combine it with a lodge that shares a totally different game viewing traversing area to Arathusa, so that your game drives at your 2 lodges are not conducted on the same properties. As an example, Elephant Plains is an excellent lodge, offering very competitive rates, but they share a large portion of traversing area with Arathusa, so this combination would not make sense (in my opinion). I assume you are looking for a second lodge that is more or less similarly priced to Arathusa, so I will keep my suggestions to the more affordable lodges. Consider combining Arathusa with Ngala Sagari Lodge in the Timbavati. The Timbavati is easily accessible from the northern region of the Sabi Sands. Alternatively, you can combine Arathusa with a lodge in the southern/western sector of the Sabi Sands (keep in mind that this will require a 2 - 3 hour road transfer, as you have to drive right around the reserve to access the other side of the Sabi Sands), such as Inyati, Nottens or Kirkmans.

Tanya * owner * Africa Direct

2. Re: Arathusa and ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2010, 05:16