We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Air Con necessary in December?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Is Air Con necessary in December?

We are planning a trip Dec 14-20. We are staying at few nights in the park in bungalows or huts with A/C. But we also planned to spend a little extra $ and stay at Nkhoro Bush Lodge a few nights. But I was just notified that they do not have Air Con. I see that the average minimum temp is 20C in the summer. Do you think we will be uncomfortable without A/C at night? I hate to pay so much more to stay in a nicer place and be uncomfortable while sleeping.

Thanks,

Lauren

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,782 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Air Con necessary in December?

December and January are definitely the hottest months in our region and I for sure would prefer a room with aircon.

It nevertheless is depending on your own feelings. Some of our guests sleep with aircon, some prefer not to make use of it.

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
413 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Air Con necessary in December?

I see you are from Houston - never been there myself, but I believe it's pretty hot there. If you don't use aircon there, you won't need it here, but if you are used to it there, you might find not having it in December in the northern parts of South Africa to be uncomfortable.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
15 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Air Con necessary in December?

Our summer months are hot and humid with typical afternoon thundershowers. Summer: 13˚C to 38˚C / 55˚F to 100˚F.

If the lodge does not have air-conditioning in the rooms then a ceiling fan is essential.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Air Con necessary in December?

Thanks guys. We were able to find a lodge with air con and availability!

Yes, Houston is hot, and we are accustomed to the a/c here. Even though its October, its still HOT! The A/C is cranking at the moment. :)

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,552 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Air Con necessary in December?

Well, good. You will pleased that you did!

6. Re: Is Air Con necessary in December?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 06:17