We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singita Ebony--Lewis Suite

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
998 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Singita Ebony--Lewis Suite

Hello,

Have you stayed at the Lewis Suite? Can you tell me if you were happy with the accomodations? My understanding is that they are closer to the main lodge and share a wall. The lower price is tempting, but only if it offers a great experience.

Thank you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Singita Ebony--Lewis Suite

Hello Daisy,

I have stayed in one of the Lewis Suites and think they are excellent value for money! The rooms absolutely huge and we had a sitting room area, open fire, mini bar, dressing room, indoor and outdoor shower, bath, private deck and heated private pool - we even had a surround sound ipod station with an ipod already loaded with chilled music, home made crisps, rusks, biscuits etc with a fully stocked mini bar. The rooms are the closest to the lodge, but it is still pretty far away and we didn't feel like we were close at all. I don't know if there were people next to us or not but if we did, I didn't notice them. There was a general feel a calm around Ebony in general and I believe we really struck gold by booking the Lewis Suites to save us afew pennies.

Hope this helps,

Katie

Cape Town
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Singita Ebony--Lewis Suite

Hi Daisy,

We thought we would jump into the conversation and present some information about why we introduced the Lewis Suites at Singita. The Lewis Suites were introduced in response to changing demands in the market - particularly families and friends traveling together (and that’s where costs can really add up with a group or family). The Lewis Suites are ideal for a family with teenagers or group of friends as they are close to the main lodge, joined by a dividing wall thus right next to each other, and priced differently in order to offer different options at Singita Ebony Lodge. But at the same time they are still perfect for anyone wanting to experience Singita, as the suites are the same size as other suites in the lodge and have all the same sumptuous detailing and features.

We hope that helps.

Kindest regards,

Janalyn Froese, Marketing Manager, Singita

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
998 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Singita Ebony--Lewis Suite

Thank you so much! We're planning a trip to South Africa and Singita Ebony.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Singita Ebony--Lewis Suite

Hi Janalyn,

Just out of curiosity, our travel agent advised us that if we are booked in an Ebony suite (which I believe we are November 20-22nd), there will be no one placed in the room next to us to ensure privacy. Is that true?

Thanks!

A. Datta

Edited: 09 October 2012, 18:06
5. Re: Singita Ebony--Lewis Suite

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2013, 10:15