We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Simbambili or Lion Sands River Lodge?

London
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Simbambili or Lion Sands River Lodge?

I'm finding it so difficult to choose where to stay in Sabi Sands! I have now decided upon Simbambili or Lions Sands River Lodge as both of these meet out requirements in terms of luxury and budget. I would like to know which would provide the best game viewing experience as that's our priority.

Many thanks in advance - this website (and forums) have been such a valuable source of information!

Mytmoss
Level Contributor
432 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Simbambili or Lion Sands River Lodge?

Lion Sands is a clear choice for me.

The traversing rights for Simbabili might be a bit larger however they share it with many other lodges. Lion Sands shares theirs with only one other. One big advantage for Lion Sands, is you are able to traverse to two rivers, the Sabie and the Sand. This will provide additional game viewing that you will not see at Simbambili. The rangers at LS are well trained and are amongst the best I have had in my safaris.

Lion Sands River Lodge sits right on the Sabie River. Many of the rooms have river views. In addition, there is a viewing deck that was built that sits over the river where you can relax and do game viewing.

Lion Sands is also known for some of the best food in all of Sabi Sands. While this does not effect the wildlife viewing it certainly makes you feel good !

I hope this helps.

Mike

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,532 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Simbambili or Lion Sands River Lodge?

I agree with Mike.

Tanya * owner * Africa Direct

London
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Simbambili or Lion Sands River Lodge?

Thanks for your replies! Lions Sands it is then!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
34 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Simbambili or Lion Sands River Lodge?

I agree and I've stayed at both locations but instead of Lion Sands River lodge, we stayed across at the Ivory Lodge. We absolutely loved Ivory Lodge and would return in a heartbeat!! You'll love it :-)

5. Re: Simbambili or Lion Sands River Lodge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2013, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Sabi Sand Game Reserve