We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Londolozi Founders or Varty Camp?

Earth
Level Contributor
441 posts
228 reviews
Save Topic
Londolozi Founders or Varty Camp?

Looking for input on whether to book Founders or Varty for 2 adults. What's the difference? On web page, rooms looks pretty similar.

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,533 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Londolozi Founders or Varty Camp?

To me the main difference lies in the size of these 2 lodges. Varty is the larger of the 2. Founders is smaller and more intimate. Depends on whether you want to go to a larger, busier lodge, or a quieter and more intimate one. Other than that, no matter which of the Londolozi lodges you choose, you can rest assured that you will have a great safari!

Tanya * owner * Africa Direct

Bradenton fl
Level Contributor
74 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Londolozi Founders or Varty Camp?

I have just returned from Founders and stayed in Varty last year. I loved them both. Both have private plunge pools. They truly both felt intimate. Varty has a community pool. Founders got washed away but you can use it no matter which camp you stay at...you can walk between the two camps

Earth
Level Contributor
441 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Londolozi Founders or Varty Camp?

>beanie2664

Thanks for the up to the moment report. Booked Founders.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
24 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Londolozi Founders or Varty Camp?

Can you tell me which lodge is this with the Founders Camp? How to get to this Camp from Zululand? Thank you ,

Connie

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
24 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Londolozi Founders or Varty Camp?

How many days do you think would be sufficient and how is game viewing of the big 5 in this area?

Thank you.

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,533 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Londolozi Founders or Varty Camp?

I would recommend 3 - 4 nights, or as many as you can afford! Big 5 game viewing at Londolozi is excellent. To get to Londolozi from Zululand, you could either fly direct with a charter flight (very expensive) or fly from Durban to KMIA (Nelspruit) and from there get a 2 hour road transfer to Londolozi.

Tanya * owner * Africa Direct

7. Re: Londolozi Founders or Varty Camp?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 15:18