We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone used or familiar with Rhino Africa?

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone used or familiar with Rhino Africa?

Hi,

My husband and I are looking into a 7 day safari at Lion Sands and Victoria Falls trip in Feb 2014 and have come across Rhino Africa booking company. Their prices seem great and very responsive. Just wondering if anyone else has used them or knows of them to be good?

Thanks!

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,693 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone used or familiar with Rhino Africa?

I just used Rhino Africa and booked Londolozi with them. I also booked Victoria Falls through them as well.

My agent has been very responsive. Their prices are cheaper than booking direct. I also like their online credit card payment option.

You can also see reviews of Rhino Africa in tripadvisor. I think they are a good company to work with.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone used or familiar with Rhino Africa?

Thats great! When do you go, and how early did you book? To my understanding they organize everything and book it then just show up at the airports to take you to the locations?

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,693 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone used or familiar with Rhino Africa?

We are going there this summer in July. We booked Londolozi with them this past Feb. I think we booked our hotel at Victoria falls in March. I haven't booked cape town and rental car with them yet, but plan to do that soon.

It sounds like you guys are booking a guided tour group with them.

We are going on our own. My agent just book hotel lodging and rental cars etc for us. We fly into Cape Town, and will pick up our rental car, and drive to our hotel. We are not in any tour groups.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone used or familiar with Rhino Africa?

We are not on a tour either, but rather chose from one of their itineraries that can be customized to us. I gather though that they meet with us upon arrival in Joburg to ensure we catch our flight to Kruger and likewise to the Falls. The rate is that of the lodge rate and Falls hotel, about the same as a direct booking. Did you have any trouble with payment? I saw they only take rand i think.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,693 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone used or familiar with Rhino Africa?

I planned out the trip completely on my own, and have Rhino make the bookings for me. I gave my agent my dates, and told her where to book. No one will be meeting us at the airport etc. Sounds like you are paying for additional services. I don't think you need people to meet you at the airport and tell you where to go. I think everything is in English over there.

I already made a couple of deposit payments to Rhino. No trouble at all. My agent sent me a secure link, and I pay with my US credit card. Then the credit card covert the transaction into rand. Very easy.

Chicago
Level Contributor
274 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone used or familiar with Rhino Africa?

We've been working with Rhino for our July trip. Nothing but positives at this point.

Happy Traveler, when will you be at Londolozi? Will be there in July as well! :)

7. Re: Anyone used or familiar with Rhino Africa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 05 May 2013, 06:34
Chicago
Level Contributor
274 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone used or familiar with Rhino Africa?

Oh, will just miss you then! We'll be at Founders a week before. Can't wait - it looks incredible!

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,693 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone used or familiar with Rhino Africa?

Have fun! Ping me if you got any special tips.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone used or familiar with Rhino Africa?

We leave Australia next Sunday for our 4 week SA/Botswana trip - all booked through Helen at Rhino Africavin Cape Town. It has been a pleasure dealing with her - we discussed our wishes and she gave us a few options, a few weeks later we changed the order a bit and it was no hassle for her to rearrange our booking, everything has been confirmed, email questions answered on same day, payments processed without a hitch. We have absolutely no hesitation in recommending them.