We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Too late to get a great camp?

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Too late to get a great camp?

I am just embarking on booking a game reserve for Late July. I wonder whether I am too late or are likely to be still some available to book before I start trawling around asking individual camps. Many thanks!

1. Re: Too late to get a great camp?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 February 2014, 04:05
Bedfordview...
Level Contributor
50 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Too late to get a great camp?

I do not think you are too late my suggestion would be trying an agent as they can check multiple sites at once if you do not have the free time yourself, one of our local ones is www.mtbeds.co.za I use them for some of my bookings, alternatively many of the lodges have online reservations some of which are real time and will let you know availabilty immediately, hope this helps feel free to ask if you need anymore information,

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Too late to get a great camp?

You should still be able to find accommodation. The problem would come if your budget is for more mid-range lodges as there are not alot of them and they book up pretty fast. But who knows until you ask. If you don't want to ask yourself consider getting an agent to organize for you.

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,415 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Too late to get a great camp?

You are not too late.. I fact, there are numerous camps & lodges with reduced rates in July, specifically because demand is lighter then. I suggest you Google Timbavati + safari, Klaserie + safari. Some good moderately priced places will show up. If you are only interested in the Sabi Sand reserve, places with (relatively) moderate rates there would be Arathusa, Cheetah Plains, Elephant Plains, Idube.

Dave Patterson - Owner - TheAfricaSafari

Edited: 12 February 2014, 13:11
Gold Coast...
Destination Expert
for Kruger National Park
Level Contributor
4,851 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Too late to get a great camp?

The easiest way to do it is just copy and paste an enquiry with your dates and details on to the lodges websites and they should get back to you pretty quickly.

For example if you use this site for Sabi Sand it will take you to all the lodges sites for you to peruse and send an enquiry to ones that fit your budget…

http://www.sabisand.co.za/

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Too late to get a great camp?

Thanks everyone for great advice - I have submitted some enquiries to the lodges that fit the bill.

7. Re: Too late to get a great camp?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2015, 05:21