We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kruger safari park

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
21 posts
202 reviews
Save Topic
kruger safari park

wanting to stay inside but have budget of R4000-5000per couple per day all inclusive.can anybody advice/help me get good deal.Travel18-21 Aug.PL HELP

Naracoorte
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kruger safari park

If you want to stay inside Kruger National Park itself and self drive then that is an adequate budget but accommodation options in the popular camps may be limited due to booking this late.

For all info. and booking you need to visit www.sanparks.org It is very straight forward to plan and book your accommodation at camps inside the park and hire car booking is easy through any of the major international rentals or third party brokers.

If you want to stay outside Kruger National Park in one of the private reserves then your budget would be more restrictive and may preclude an all inclusive lodge stay.

Kruger National...
Level Contributor
1,949 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kruger safari park

Hi there!

With your budget you can easily stay in a private reserve or you can self drive.

Self driving involves renting out a car, and driving yourself around the park in search of our famous wildlife. You stay in self catering accommodations, though there are now some really great restaurants at the main camps (Mugg and Bean - delicious!). Or, you can have dinner like a South African and make use of the 'braai' (barbecue) facilities at night. There are basic grocery stores at the main camps too, should you need to top any of your goodies up - but I would recommend doing a big shop before hand. This is definitely an adventurous way to see the Kruger. The accommodation is basic but comfortable, with a bed, countertop, fridge and sink. Sometimes you have a private en-suite bathroom, and sometimes the ablutions are shared - it just depends what you book. Rates start at around R800 for a two sleeper per night.

You can also book guided game drives, which go on the same roads that you do, but you have the added benefit of having a guide help to spot animals.

My personal favorite camps here are Lower Sabie, Shingwedzi, and Olifants. I find Lower Sabie to have excellent big cat viewing (the Satara area does too), and a GORGEOUS view from the main camp area. Shingwedzi is tucked away quietly and offers a peaceful place to rest your head. Olifants has one of the most beautiful views in the entire Kruger.

Your second option is to stay within a private reserve.

The private reserves of the Timbavati, Klaserie, Sabi Sands and Balule all surround the public Kruger (self drive Kruger) via unfenced borders - allowing the animals to wander around as they please.

When staying within a private reserve, your rate includes all meals, two game drives daily, an optional bush walk daily, teas/coffees, snacks on safaris and sometimes laundry & transfers - depending on the lodge.

The game drives are conducted on specialized open topped 4x4 jeeps, and are equipped with a game ranger & a tracker, to help find and educate you about any of the wildlife you may encounter. The game drives depart in the early AM, just before dawn, and return in time for breakfast - so about 3-4 hours a time depending on what you see. The evening game drives depart about two hours before dusk, and return for dinner - also around 3 hours depending on what you see out in the wild. The inclusion of darkness during your safari raises the chances of viewing nocturnal animals.

The accommodation within the private reserves are ore comfortable than in the public Kruger, and they differ in luxury. Rates here start at around R1800 per person per night (including the above) but can go all the way to R14,000+ per person per night - so it all comes down to budget.

For your budget, you can look at the following lodges (all excellent!)

- Gomo Gomo Game Lodge (Klaserie Reserve)

- nThambo Tree Camp (Klaserie Reserve)

- Shindzela Tented Camp (Timbavati Reserve)

- Pondoro Game Lodge (Balule Reserve)

- Elephant Plains Game Lodge (Sabi Sands).

Warmest regards, and good luck!

Jacqui Sive l Owner & Safari Expert l Lodge Trackers

south africa
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: kruger safari park

Hi, that's an easy budget , are you looking for all meals & game drives or also drinks?

Go have a look at Hoyo Hoyo which is in Kruger or Honeyguide & see if they interest you!

Could easily get in under budget . Not sure if I can mention pricing on here, feel free to message. There is nothing I love more than finding a bargain!

Gold Coast...
Destination Expert
for Kruger National Park
Level Contributor
5,031 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kruger safari park

Sandy as a regular contributor you need to declare your affiliations.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
21 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kruger safari park

thanks a lot .What about mohlabetsi safari lodge.how is it?? Sausage tree safari camp?

out of all the camps 5 of yours and these two could you rate them in order of preference pl.

regards

rakesh

south africa
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: kruger safari park

I don't have affiliations! I like to travel (doing it much less as I now have small kids) & like to find bargains. I barely comment unless I can give advice on a place that I have been to & loved. Sabi Sands is really pushed on these posts & I think the Kruger lodges are just as nice. If I think I can find someone a great bargain & they asking may I not help or comment? Being on Tripadvisor helped me make many a decision but I don't want to step on any toes!

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
21 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: kruger safari park

sandy is just advising as a regular contributor ton a fellow traveler on trip advisor.I thought trip advisor is about advise and rewiews.What is somebodies problem.Are they against the traveller or interested in making the contributor run from pillar to post and not take advantage of experience and advise ??????

This is very wrong and unfair

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
21 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: kruger safari park

Dear jackie,

thanks for your info.What about mohlabetsi safari lodge.how is it?? Sausage tree safari camp? both are in balule

out of all the camps 5 of yours and these two could you rate them in order of preference pl.

regards

rakesh

Gold Coast...
Destination Expert
for Kruger National Park
Level Contributor
5,031 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: kruger safari park

Hi Sandy

Thanks for the information. As you can hopefully appreciate when a poster occasionally asks people to PM or makes offers to find a bargain it can easily be read as promotion. In fact it generally is and happens a lot. So very happy to hear this is not the case and you are certainly not stepping on any toes. In fact as you probably know I agree that all areas of Kruger should get attention, especially the cheaper options which are so often not offered by big operators. Thank you.

10. Re: kruger safari park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2015, 06:16