We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gold panning...Lincoln County Mining Company

Shrewsbury MA
Level Contributor
18 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Gold panning...Lincoln County Mining Company

Have been reading online about the Lincoln County Gold Mining Company that has excursions and sells passes to their claim - thought it might be fun for the kids to try their hand at gold panning for a few hours. But I can't find recent info on it...all the stuff I read is a year or two old. Does it still exist??

Mentioned in this post
Lincoln
Lincoln
Nebraska
Ruidoso, New Mexico
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Gold panning...Lincoln County Mining Company

I'm sorry but the gold mine company used to be located next door to my business and it is now shut down. The gentleman that owned it closed it and moved to California. I'm not sure if anyone else in town does private claim excursions. You might contact the visitors center for info. Thier website is www.ruidosonow.com. Good luck and enjoy your trip to town!

Lori Robertson; Sitzmark Chalet

Mentioned in this post
Sitzmark Chalet Inn
Sitzmark Chalet Inn
245 Reviews
Ruidoso, NM
California
California
United States
Shrewsbury MA
Level Contributor
18 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gold panning...Lincoln County Mining Company

Thanks so much, Sitzmark. I kind of figured as much. I've been reading everything about the area, and haven't seen any mention of any other private claim excursions. But it sure sounds like there is plenty to keep the kids busy!!

3. Re: Gold panning...Lincoln County Mining Company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 06:27
Get answers to your questions about Ruidoso