We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ruidoso trip

Which Ruidoso hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, TX
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Ruidoso trip

We are staying at Dan Dee Cabins for 4 nights in the 1st week of Jan. Does anyone know how convenient these cabins are to Ski Apache and the tubing park? Also, are there any sledding areas that allow you to use your own sleds (we own a large toboggan) ... I assume the the tubing park does not? Finally, we were hoping to take a day trip to White Sands ... has anyone gone there in January, and is it advisable? i.e., with January weather can you do more than just drive through it? Thanks, Paul.

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
178 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ruidoso trip

I don't know about skiing but we have been to White Sands several times in Jan. Most of the time the weather was tolerable. You can hike all over the gypsom sand dunes as well as drive through the area during daylight hours. It is quite an interesting place. You will see flyovers of unusual aircraft too from the range nearby. It was where we first saw the Stealth aircraft and something we couldn't identify. Enjoy the area . Ruidoso is cold for sure!

2. Re: Ruidoso trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 11:24
Get answers to your questions about Ruidoso