We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hike / Bike trails near Ruidoso

Which Ruidoso hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Round Rock, Texas
Level Contributor
140 posts
277 reviews
Save Topic
Hike / Bike trails near Ruidoso

My husband & I are visiting the Ruidoso/Alto area over Labor Day weekend, and I'm considering doing some hiking or bike-riding. We've hiked some trails at Monjeau Peak in the past, which was lovely. Can anyone recommend another favorite hike near Ruidoso that isn't too long (~4 miles or less would be good) and has good scenery/picture-taking opportunities?

Also, are there any graded or paved biking trails around town?

Thanks!

Becky

Round Rock, Texas
Level Contributor
140 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hike / Bike trails near Ruidoso

In case anybody else stumbles onto this forum looking for hiking info, here's some of what I've found (to answer my own question):

Hiking trails in the White Mountain Wilderness: www.ruidoso.net/visitors/outdoors/hiking.html

Mountain biking in the Lincoln National Forest: http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsinternet/!ut/p/c5/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3gDfxMDT8MwRydLA1cj72BTSw8jAwgAykeaxcN4jhYG_h4eYX5hPgYwefy6w0H24dcPNgEHcDTQ9_PIz03VL8iNMMgycVQEAIzTHkw!/dl3/d3/L2dJQSEvUUt3QS9ZQnZ3LzZfME80MEkxVkFCOTBFMktTNTlIMjAwMDAwMDA!/?recid=34166&actid=24&cid=null&navid=110290000000000&ss=110308&ttype=activity&navtype=BROWSEBYSUBJECT&pnavid=110000000000000&position=BROWSEBYSUBJECT&pname=Lincoln+National+Forest+-+Mountain+Biking

There are also some reports that Ski Apache may have a gondola open for some weekend days during the summer, with the possibility of hiking there.

I haven't found nay bike-rental shops in town, and I can't find any info online about paved bike trails in town, either.

2. Re: Hike / Bike trails near Ruidoso

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Ruidoso