We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motels between Roswell and Ruidoso

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Motels between Roswell and Ruidoso

Are there Motels between Roswell and Ruidoso? I want to stay in a motel at around 4500 ft. or lower, and drive to Ruidoso. Should I try south of Alamogordo?

Thanks so much! M

Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for New Mexico, Albuquerque
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Motels between Roswell and Ruidoso

There aren't any motels between Roswell and Ruidoso.

Your best bet would be Carrizoza or Alamogordo. I think there are only a couple in Carrizozo, but quite a few in Alamogordo.

You might also research Capitan. It is closer than the other two places, but I'm not sure of the altitude. It should be fairly close to what you want, and I think there are some in that town.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Motels between Roswell and Ruidoso

Thanks so much!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Motels between Roswell and Ruidoso

There are at least two possibilities to investigate. Sorry I didn't read this before your trip, and I'm sorry that I haven't visited either of these places myself. 1st is the Hurd Ranch and Guest Homes in Hondo, NM. These are run by the Hurd family, related to Peter Hurd the artist. They are also related to Henriette Hurd, who had some very famous relatives. I assume you will have the opportunity to buy some art if you stay here. Peter and Henriette lived in the Hondo Valley and you'll see their beautiful paintings, no doubt. Many originals are in the Roswell Art Museum nearby.

There is also a Pecan Tree Bed and Breakfast in Hondo. It has no reviews as of today. If you return to the area, maybe you can review them. I do love the Hondo Valley and Ruidoso areas.

Texas
Level Contributor
321 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Motels between Roswell and Ruidoso

The Tinnie Mercantile @ Tinnie has two very nice rooms and an excellent restaurant and bar. There are two historic hotels in Lincoln that are fun and interesting to stay at. We stayed at Tinnie Mercantile in May and the rooms there are beautiful and comfortable. We enjoyed our stay at the Wortley Hotel in Lincoln, the food was excellent as well. Both are highly recommended.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,076 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Motels between Roswell and Ruidoso

Took me awhile to find any info on Tinnie Mercantile's rooms. http://www.tinniesilverdollar.com/

This is an old post, but some good information.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
92 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Motels between Roswell and Ruidoso

There are lots of hotels in Ruidoso itself, which is closer than Alamogordo.

7. Re: Motels between Roswell and Ruidoso

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Ruidoso