We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Londolozi versus Tswalu

Miami
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Londolozi versus Tswalu

I will be in South Africa in late May/early June. I already have six nights of safari planned -- three nights at Exeter Leadwood (Sabi Sands) at the beginning of the trip and three nights at Phinda Vlei at the end of the trip. I have 8 nights in between that I am trying to plan for. I have narrowed it down to 2 options, and I can't decide between the two. Opinions appreciated.

Option 1. Go to Ngala for two nights (to catch wild dogs hopefully), followed by Londolozi for three nights. Then fly to Cape Town for three nights. CONCERN HERE is that, with three nights at Leadwood, the additional time in the Kruger area will be more of the same.

Option 2. Go to Cape Town for three nights and then head over to Tswalu for four nights. Head back to Cape Town for one night before ending the trip at Phinda. CONCERN HERE is that wildlife at Tswalu will not be as abundant as it would be in Londolozi. Ideally, I would love to see a consummated hunt and wild dogs on my safari this time around.

Thanks to all in advance...

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
189 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Londolozi versus Tswalu

Here is another Kruger (in this case Singita) vs Tswalu thread that may help you decide tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293740-i9186-k466…

scotland
Level Contributor
258 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Londolozi versus Tswalu

Hi -. we were at Umlani (Timbavati) last year & had fabulous sightings of wild dogs. We follow reserve on Facebook & the sightings are still frequent www.umlani.com - hope that helps even though it's not what you asked. Enjoy your trip.

Miami
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Londolozi versus Tswalu

Thank you so much, You must have read between the lines because wild dogs are one of my fasciations and I am definitely basing my decision about where to go in part on wild dog sighting probability.

4. Re: Londolozi versus Tswalu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2016, 22:16