We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ngala or Kirkmans

atlanta, georgia
8 posts
Save Topic
Ngala or Kirkmans

We are looking to spend 4 nights at either Ngala or Kirkmans Kamp in mid June. Wanted to originally split between the 2 but price went up substantially because of special offer if you stay at one place. We will be traveling with 3 children (6, 12 and 14). Would you recommend one over the other? Both are run by CC Africa. Any advice would be appreciated!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ngala or Kirkmans

Hello,

They're both very nice lodges and have both undergone recent refurbishment. Personally I'd give Kirkman's the edge for game-viewing.

Cheers,

Julian

atlanta, georgia
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ngala or Kirkmans

Thanks. It is probably a thousand dollar difference for the four days--would you say the game viewing is that much better? I'm tending to lean more towards Ngala because of the price difference.

Deb

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ngala or Kirkmans

Hello,

Only you know whether it's worth it to you and your family, but if budget is a big factor you could certainly go with Ngala and feel sure that you'll have a very good safari -- I've stayed there in mid-June (at the Tented Camp) and had very good game-viewing.

Cheers,

Julian

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
78 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ngala or Kirkmans

Hello

We stayed at Exeter and Kirkmans last year. LOVED Exeter in every way, game viewing, ambience, service, staff, setting, food, game ranger/tracker. Everything. Hated Kirkmans and couldn't wait to leave. Exeter more authentically safari, Kirkmans colonial. Rooms small, bathrooms smaller, noisy. I would go with Exeter and then Ngala. Between Ngala and Kirkmans, Ngala. L

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,544 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ngala or Kirkmans

Hi there! In my experience, the game viewing has been excellent at both Ngala & Kirkmans! Ngala is very, very child friendly, and I think for a family I would recommend it above Kirkmans.

6. Re: Ngala or Kirkmans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 23:18
Get answers to your questions about Timbavati Private...