We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road Transfer on Deparuture. Hoedspruit vs. Nelspruit

Which Timbavati Private Nature Reserve hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Redondo Beach...
1 post
Save Topic
Road Transfer on Deparuture. Hoedspruit vs. Nelspruit

hello...these forums have been SO helpful in planning my trip to South Africa in April. One thing i can't seem to figure out, though, is if I should leave Motswari from Hoedspruit or Nelspruit airports? I know the road transfer to Hoedspruit is much shorter, 50 minutes. But the last flight to Johannesburg leaves at 1:50pm, and our flight back to the states from OR isn't until 8:45pm. So instead of killing time at the airport, was wondering if it was worth doing the 3 hour drive to Nelspruit and leaving on a later flight. We need to arrange a transfer and i'm assuming unless you get a guide, no transfer service would make stops along the way. So is it worthwhile being in the car that long? Is the drive scenic or just too long? Thank you so much!

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,532 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road Transfer on Deparuture. Hoedspruit vs. Nelspruit

Motswari - Nelspruit is not a drive that I would recommend, unless you HAVE to do it! Very busy road with plenty of pedestrians, cattle, goats, vehicles...fine to do if you have to, but in your case, where you have a choice, I would recommend keeping it simple and just flying out of Hoedspruit.

Tanya * owner * Africa Direct

2. Re: Road Transfer on Deparuture. Hoedspruit vs. Nelspruit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2014, 10:15