We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ecca or Uplands Homestead

Beirut
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ecca or Uplands Homestead

Please help with my decision. We are going to kwandwe in november but can't decide between ecca or homestead. We are 5 people, 2 adults and our three kids... 12, 10 and 7. The kids are all for Homestead but I am worried we may get bored with no other company. Will our days be long, or are there things to do between safari trips?? At Ecca there will be other people, which could or could not be better?? What do you think? Will be staying 4 nights. Please Help ASAP, cant decide ....

Anna

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,251 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ecca or Uplands Homestead

For about 7 hours of the day you will either be in a game vehicle or on foot (although the kids might be too young for the walks). A lot of time will also be spent eating and drinking - mini early breakfast, brunch, afternoon tea, evening drinks and dinner.

Depending on time of year, there are only about 3 - 4 1/2 hours in the middle of the day that arent fully taken up. I spend this time at private game reserves either catching up on sleep that missed because of the early morning wake-up and then making use of the pool / jacuzzi / outdoor shower. The time between brunch and tea vanishes very quickly.

Kids may be a different issue though and I think Ecca Lodge might be a better idea for them as Ecca should be more geared towards children i.e. they should have games etc. for them. I have only been to the Great Fish River Lodge though, so maybe someone else will be able to make a better call.

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,251 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ecca or Uplands Homestead

PS. There are only 6 rooms at Ecca Lodge, so there wont be tons of other kids there.

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,545 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ecca or Uplands Homestead

For the adults, I would most definitely recommend the Homestead! If your kids will get bored with no other people around, then I understand why you want to consider a lodge with other guests. As lamlee rightly said, you will be busy with game drives for a large portion of the day, and this will give your kids plenty of excitement and stimulation!

Tanya * owner * Africa Direct

4. Re: Ecca or Uplands Homestead

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Kwandwe Private Game...