We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Loos

london
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Loos

This may sound a daft question but my husband and I intend booking a safari whilst in SA and I want to know if there are toilet stops during the drive as some of them seem to last 6 hrs!

Berkhamsted, United...
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Loos

All the ones I've been on, it's been a crouch behind a bush job :)

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Loos

Yep, second that ! Either when you stop for morning drinks or evening sundowners, the ranger will stop in an area which he considers safe to get out of the vehicle and if you need a bush, there will be one around. If you need an urgent stop just ask the ranger if you can make a "loo stop" and he will pull up in an appropriate spot. No need to worry or be embarassed everyone has the 'urge' at some time or other.

Edited: 05 July 2010, 22:53
cape town
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Loos

Hi Charlotte. This is a good question! Firstly game drives in South Africa and at Shamwari, average around 3 hours. This is obviously weather dependent and sighting dependent. If it rains, you'll be back at the lodge alot sooner and if you see an amazing sighting toward the end of your drive, you might stay out a bit longer.

NB if you're not comfortable making a wee behind a bush then make sure you use the loo just before you set out on game drive and take it easy on the beers and water! If you are comfortable using the 'bush toilet', a great time to go is when you stop for tea in the morning or sundowners in the evening. Don't be shy to ask your ranger if you'll be doing that. Also, let the ranger know if you need the loo before or after this stop as there's nothing worse than riding those bumpy roads with a full bladder. If there are no dangerous animals nearby, he/ she might make a quick stop for you. Have a wonderful safari*

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,727 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Loos

http://www.shewee.com/newstore/

You may be interested in that product, which all the women I know that have used it, swear by.

And don't forget, it is not in the guide's interests to have uncomfortable clients. Your needs will be anticipated and looked after.

5. Re: Loos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2011, 06:17