We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rhulani Safari Lodge

Fort Wayne, IN
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Rhulani Safari Lodge

Just returned from Rhulani Safari Lodge. It was WONDERFUL...much more than we expected. I would highly recommmend this place to anyone. We saw tons of animals (4 out of the Big 5) and our guide/ranger Marnus was well informed and lots of fun.

The food was wonderful, beautiful lodge, and the friendly staff made it feel like we were visiting realtives. Feel free to email me with any questions.

Annette

Johannesburg
Level Contributor
37 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rhulani Safari Lodge

would you recommend this lodge for 20th wedding anniversary?? i've been to madikwe before - to tau and jaci's. do you recommend rhulani for romantic getaway??

Fort Wayne, IN
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rhulani Safari Lodge

Aliwag,

This is a tough quesstion. We (5 of us) shared the "Family Suite" w/2 bedrooms and baths and did not take a look at accomodations for a couple but based on our room I would guess that all rooms would be great. The whole lodge is decorated beautifully and we felt the name Rhulani (rest or relax) was very appropriate. The place is beautiful...remote...many animals drinking from the water hole right outside the lodge. The host (also a guide) and hostess were wonderful and friendly. I think the whole place was "romantic". How did you like your previous lodge? Please email me w/any specific questions. I think you would like it at Rhulani!

Johannesburg
Level Contributor
37 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rhulani Safari Lodge

thanks for info re rhulani. we went to the other 2 lodges in madikwe with our children and really enjoyed them, but this time its a special weekend away with out kids, so want an adult environment for a change.

Fort Wayne, IN
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rhulani Safari Lodge

when will you be going? We were there last week and the weather was PERFECT! Be sure to let me know how you liked Rhulani if you go there. Have a great time!

Johannesburg
Level Contributor
37 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rhulani Safari Lodge

we are going early november. got a short list of lodges in madikwe and welgevonden. will let you know if we go to Rhulani. if you have any SA questions you can also contact me. we have a lovely 6 sleeper holiday apartment for rent in ballito, north coast of durban if you or any friends are planning another visit to SA. can send you details if you want.

Cheryl

6. Re: Rhulani Safari Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 16:48
Get answers to your questions about Madikwe Game Reserve