We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mateya Safari Lodge or Singita Boulders?

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
10 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Mateya Safari Lodge or Singita Boulders?

I am planning a visit to a few countries in south Africa and I am trying to decide where to stay on one of our safari portions of the trip in South Africa. I have narrowed it down to two lodges- Singita Boulders and Mateya Safari Lodge. There is a lot of info out there on Singita, but not much about Mateya. Has anyone stayed at both lodges? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

san diego
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mateya Safari Lodge or Singita Boulders?

mrs selfish mints- i honeymooned in Africa (exactly two years ago saturday). We did it in Botswana which was easily THE MOST incredible trip of my life (and not just because i finally got laid)... but it is supposed to less tame and more wild than some of the S African safaris. Chobe to Savuti to Moremi to Okgovonga delta...

Not sure if its too late but the company we used was incredible and we saw everything including a kill. I am now obsessed with safaris and dream of them often.

Enjoy.

Hoorn, The...
Level Contributor
47 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mateya Safari Lodge or Singita Boulders?

Dear Emmy,

I have stayed at both; Singita Boulders and Mateija. It is what you want. They are both very beautiful.

Regarding to the camps, they are both very luxurious with private pools with Singita Boulders more contemporary and Mateija a little more classic but with a lot of real art.

Regarding hospitality and food they both should be 10 out of 10, with Mateija more personalized.

Regarding game, Singita is in a malaria area but offers slightly more game (better chance on leopard) but is also a little bit more expensive.

Wisdom with your choice!

3. Re: Mateya Safari Lodge or Singita Boulders?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2010, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Madikwe Game Reserve