We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madikwe Safari Lodge vs Kirkmans Kamp in Kruger

Which Madikwe Game Reserve hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Madikwe Safari Lodge vs Kirkmans Kamp in Kruger

Really need help with this one. The cost per night is almost the same. They both look great in the pictures. I have stayed at Sabi Sabi before and was very pleased.

Anyone been to both of these lodges? while the quality of the game drives and the game viewing is upmost, the facility, food, etc. factors in also.

Thanks for any help

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Madikwe Safari Lodge vs Kirkmans Kamp in Kruger

We've stayed at Londolozi near Sabi & at Morukuru Lodge in Madkwe. The animal viewing was superior at Londolozi, Morukuru was a much more luxurious & personal experience.

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Madikwe Safari Lodge vs Kirkmans Kamp in Kruger

Hi there - I have been to both Madikwe Safari Lodge as well as Kirkmans (more than 10 times to Kirkmans, and 3 times to Madikwe Safari Lodge). Both are excellent lodges in terms of food, service, quality of rangers. If you have been to Sabi Sabi before, you may enjoy the difference in habitat offered by Madikwe.

Are there any specific animals that you would like to see? If for instance you would like to have good sightings of leopards, then Kirkmans would definitely be a better choice, but if you would like to have a good chance of seeing an animal like the endangered black rhino, then Madikwe is a better option.

If I had to choose between going to one of these lodges right now, I would choose Kirkmans, as I have found the game viewing to be very consistant, and of course they have the advantage of plenty of river frontage.

Hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any further questions!

Tanya * owner * Africa Direct

3. Re: Madikwe Safari Lodge vs Kirkmans Kamp in Kruger

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Madikwe Game Reserve