We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Impodimo, Tuningi, or Madikwe Hills

Johannesburg, South...
2 posts
Save Topic
Impodimo, Tuningi, or Madikwe Hills

Hi everyone. I am planning a last minute 2-night getaway soon to Madikwe, but am a bit confused as to which lodge to choose. I've narrowed it down to Impodimo, Tuningi, or Madikwe Hills and have found pricing and availability of each to be about the same.

Does anyone have a preference? My considerations in choice are: ranger/tracker experience and friendliness, age of lodge (newer is better), design (contemporary is better), inclusions in the price (does one or the other include drinks, 3 meals vs. 2 meals, etc)? Any insight would be great.

Lastly, I am a (somewhat) experienced safari-goer having been about 10 times over the years but will be bringing my newlywed wife on her first safari experience. It is extremely important for me to ensure she has a memorable experience to set the stage for many more safari’s to come. So ambiance of the lodge and ranger enthusiasm is very high on my list.

Sorry for all the questions (especially for such a short and last minute trip)….many thanks in advance.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
733 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Impodimo, Tuningi, or Madikwe Hills

I have not been to Impodimo but have been to both Tuningi and Madikwe Hills. Both are great (rangers, game viewing, accommodation and food) but quite different, Tuningi is less formal.

If you are getting similar rates then I would go for Madikwe Hills.

Mark September

Small World Tours

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,544 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Impodimo, Tuningi, or Madikwe Hills

I have been to all 3 mentioned lodges, and all of them are great. If you want to impress your newlywed wife, then my choice between the 3 would be Madikwe Hills!

Tanya * owner * Africa Direct

Johannesburg, South...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Impodimo, Tuningi, or Madikwe Hills

Thanks Tanya and Mark. Both recommending Madikwe Hills....will give it a go!

4. Re: Impodimo, Tuningi, or Madikwe Hills

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2012, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Madikwe Game Reserve