We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madikwe in February

Which Madikwe Game Reserve hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ni
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Madikwe in February

We are planning our honeymoon for February 2014 and would love a safari to be part of the experience. Can anyone provide any comments as to what weather we can expect in February time? My research seems to show high levels of rain so I wonder if game viewing would be affected. Thanks

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,492 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Madikwe in February

Can't say I would expect a lot of rain. It can happen but I don't think people avoid Madikwe (nor any reserve) in February.

Hoorn, The...
Level Contributor
45 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Madikwe in February

February is in the rainy season but specially if you go towards the end of the month rain shouldn't be to bad. And the summerrains in Madikwe are in general (short and heavy) thunderstorms who defenitely not affect the game viewing. For those events all lodges have poncho's in the gameviewer. I wouldn't avoid Madikwe in Feb (actually I am going myself again then at the end of the month) specially if you want to combine a safari with the other delights of South Africa (Capetown & Winelands).

UK
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Madikwe in February

We went to Madikwe for our 25th wedding anniversary in Feb 2009. It didn't rain and we had a superb time. Coming from the cold of Europe the warm weather was very welcome too.

Madikwe Game...
Level Contributor
36 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Madikwe in February

It's hot!! So bring your hat and sunscreen. And it's the rainy season - those afternoon storms are a welcome respite to the heat, they settle the dust and there's THAT smell! Madikwe is stunning at this time of year - loads of babies, loads of birds, you're seeing everybody out there and the background for your photographs is lush and green.

5. Re: Madikwe in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2014, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Madikwe Game Reserve