We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

madikwe in September

san francisco
Level Contributor
59 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
madikwe in September

I will be in SA in September and will be going to Madikwe for a week. We will be staying 4 nights in Moseltha and want to stay in another lodge for 3 nights. We are two adults - no children- are looking at Tuningi, Tau and Impodimo-- any recommendations? We will need a transfer between the two lodges since we will not have a car.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
733 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: madikwe in September

There are lots of wonderful lodges in Madikwe and I am sure you will enjoy the experience wherever you choose to stay.

I liked Tuningi very much.

Tau was a bit big and impersonal for my tastes.

Not been to Impodimo.

You could also look at Buffalo Ridge and if you have the budget, Makanyane, Etali or Madikwe Hills.

Mark September

Small World Tours

Cape Town
Level Contributor
733 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: madikwe in September

Sorry, I forgot to mention that either the lodges or your tour operator can arrange transfers.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
703 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: madikwe in September

Hi travelbug140,

2 other lodges in Madikwe to consider are Royal Madikwe. I've sent guests there and they loved it. Its a small intimate lodge and sleeps up to 10 people. The other lodge which is also highly recommended is Morukuru. It's a great lodge and also quite intimate and has Relais & Chateax status. Apparently game viewing has also been exceptional. Impodimo and Tuningi iarealso worth looking at over the other 2 that you mentioned as options.

Regards.

Brett | Owner | Safaris For Me | South Africa

Edited: 19 June 2013, 13:56
Melbourne
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: madikwe in September

The reviews I am reading here are fantastic. We are planning to go to Madikwe in October but I was wondering how people travelled to Impodimo and how safe it is to self drive from Johannesburg. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,023 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: madikwe in September

It's a great drive from Jo'burg. We always travel via Magaliesburg & stop at the beautiful Mount Grace for lunch. Once you're away from Jo'burg there isn't a problem with traffic.

I've always felt perfectly safe as I do wherever I drive in SA.

Melbourne
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: madikwe in September

Thanks for that. We are staying the night in Johannesburg then heading off in the morning. Looking forward to this very much after all I have read. Hoping to see as much of your country as possible in 5 weeks.

7. Re: madikwe in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Madikwe Game Reserve