We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transportation to Madikwe GR

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Public transportation to Madikwe GR

I have made a reservation with Mosetha Bush Camp for a 4-nights safari beginning November 3rd but I have no idea how I'm going to get there as I don't drive.

I have asked the lodge (no answer yet) and browsed the web for any public transport going anywhere close by but it seems there isn't even a bus going to Zeerust from Johannesburg.

Do you know of any public transport going towards that area from Johannesburg? I know private transfers are available but they are quite expensive as I'm travelling on my own. If anybody looking to get there on the same day was willing to share I'd be all up for it.

Thanks for your help.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transportation to Madikwe GR

We drove to Madikwe this time last yr. Very little traffic once you are past Sun City. Locals use minibus taxis but doubt any would go as far as GR. The lodge will advise you and yes i agree... transfers are fairly expensive. remember its a 4.5hr drive min to most lodges. Madikwe not a bad GR for game viewing. Not to many vehicles at sightings either.

Randburg, Gauteng...
Level Contributor
977 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transportation to Madikwe GR

Sadly, there is no public transport out that way, you have to either fly there, which is expensive, or hire a car and hire a driver.

Lyn - Thorntree Tours and Safaris

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transportation to Madikwe GR

Thank you.

I'm waiting for quotes for private shuttle transfers. Anyone in particular you could recommend?

And just in case, anyone interested in sharing a ride on November 3rd??

:-))

Edited: 30 August 2014, 15:57
Pilanesberg...
Level Contributor
442 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public transportation to Madikwe GR

Hi C, just saw this now. Unfortunately it is difficult and expensive to get to Madikwe.

There is no public transport to Molatedi gate, but the staff on the eastern side use the Rustenburg to Derdepoort Gate Bus. As it runs once a day only, is often late & breaks down, you should avoid.

I don't think any operator will do a return transfer for under R6000, but please advise if you have found one. I believe I should cheaper to do a return flight with Federal Air @ under R2700pp one way, but there will need to be a 2nd person on the same dates. http://www.fedair.com/shuttle-services

Regards, Jaco Rautenbach, Owner, Adventure Travel Africa

5. Re: Public transportation to Madikwe GR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2015, 22:15
Get answers to your questions about Madikwe Game Reserve