We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Camino Real Trail historic site museum

Yardley...
Level Contributor
146 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
El Camino Real Trail historic site museum

Came across this museum in planning my Mid May trip in New Mexico, but it appears the site and museum are closed on Monday and Tuesdays according to the website I could pull up. This seems a bit unusual . Could someone confirm that these are the year round hours as it seemed really interesting but my itinerary would only get me there on a Tuesday. Thanks.

4 replies to this topic
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
7,350 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Camino Real Trail historic site museum

As the site is somewhat remote & probably suffers limited visitation ... I doubt staffing costs will be increased to extend hours... It's a worthy effort & should you be able to re arrange your tour do so ... to include the old highway 1 through the Bosque Del Apache Wildlife Refuge, From, or into, San Antonio for & a green chili cheeseburger ! carracar

Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for New Mexico, Albuquerque
Level Contributor
2,197 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Camino Real Trail historic site museum

They are open Wednesday thru Sunday, closed Monday and Tuesday. Because it is a fairly remote area, almost 2 miles off I25, they don't get a lot of traffic. It is a fantastic Museum, with almost 400 years of history on the Camino Real, the road from Mexico City to Santa Fe, NM. There is information on the Civil war battle that was fought nearby, and all kinds of info on the people and their lives in this barren part of our state. You would enjoy it, along with Fort Selden, which is within a couple of miles from the Museum, and where there are still walls and other remnants of this busy fort.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
7,350 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Camino Real Trail historic site museum

Ah, Let's make that Ft. Craig ... Ft. Selden State Monument is down the I-25 South of Hatch ... Near Leasburg State Park ... carracar

Yardley...
Level Contributor
146 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Camino Real Trail historic site museum

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately it will have to wait for another trip as it is the only day I can drive thru the area. I am looking forward to enjoying many other locations in your fabulous state in May.

Reply to: El Camino Real Trail historic site museum
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Socorro