We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red River vs Angel Fire

The Berkshires, MA
Level Contributor
24 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Red River vs Angel Fire

We are visiting friends in Santa Fe and will ski Santa Fe mountain for a few days. Then we'll head to another ski area for 3 days. We skied Taos last time. But we are both 72 and don't need anything too challenging. We would like the best combination of a nice town, good skiing and restaurants. We like to be able to walk to dinner. We like trail variety and we don't like lift lines.

What do you recommend?

Taos, New Mexico
Level Contributor
644 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Red River vs Angel Fire

Red River because of your need to walk everywhere. Angel Fire requires more driving.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
195 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Red River vs Angel Fire

I would pick Red River.

Haven't skied since I was little but Red River is my favorite town in all of NM and everything is walkable.

The Ski area also has a new magic carpet for one hill instead of a chair lift, it looks like a lot of fun.

3. Re: Red River vs Angel Fire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2013, 09:27
Get answers to your questions about Taos
Recent Conversations