We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shark Cage Diving

Ljubljana, Slovenia
13 posts
Save Topic
Shark Cage Diving

In February we’ll be traveling from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town. Is Gansbaai the best place for shark cage diving on our route? Can you recommend a tour operator that can deliver great experience at dissent price?

Thanks.

Swellendam, South...
Level Contributor
24 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shark Cage Diving

Only saw your post today. I hope you managed to find somewhere to do the Shark Cage Diving. You are correct. Gansbaai is the place for Shark cage diving. I am not brave enough for shark cage diving so do not have personal experience with any of the following companies that I know operate in the area.

WhiteSharkprojects.co.za (They won an international Ecotourism Award); sharkwatchsa.com & sharkcagediving.co.za - you can have a look at their sites, they offer various packages.

Good luck and enjoy your trip

Edited: 04 April 2014, 16:50
Gold Coast...
Destination Expert
for Kruger National Park
Level Contributor
5,193 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shark Cage Diving

Yes Gansbaai is the place, the boats take you out to what is known as 'shark alley'.

If you are prone to seasickness I would suggest taking some appropriate pills beforehand.

3. Re: Shark Cage Diving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2015, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about Gansbaai