We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April visit Okavango, Moreme,Savuti - best options?

Malawi
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
April visit Okavango, Moreme,Savuti - best options?

Hello experts and thanks for this great forum.

We will be two driving a camper from Namibia to Maun and onwards in the beginning of April.

We have five days to spend after arriving in Maun beore returning.

We would like a combination of delta and overland experience. Is Savuti a must or will Moremi do in combination with a 2 day delta trip?

Plus. Where do I book camps in Moremi or Savuti for self drive campers?

Lots of thanks, Stefan Jon Hafstein

Mfuwe
Level Contributor
944 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: April visit Okavango, Moreme,Savuti - best options?

If you are coming in from Namibia at Mohembo border post near Shakawe, you can do your Okavango mokoro camping trip with these guys - http://tinyurl.com/yk4szku

For information on park reservations with the DWNP :

…webs.com/dwnpreservations.htm

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
183 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: April visit Okavango, Moreme,Savuti - best options?

Savuti is not worth the trip given your time allotment. I suggest maximizing your Okavango experience since it is so unique. A combination of Okavango and Moremi will provide five days of viewing without too much driving.

I'd do 3 days in the delta and 2 in Moremi. Contact Eric at eric@bushcampsafais.com who can help you set up an Okavango trip from Maun. He may also be able to help with the Moremi portion of your trip.

3. Re: April visit Okavango, Moreme,Savuti - best options?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2010, 07:16