We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Botswana Safaris: recommend a compay?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Botswana Safaris: recommend a compay?

I want to go to Botswana and go on safari for 2 weeks min. Does anyone have a recommendation for a company that provides good service, and moderate strain to the wallet? I am looking at spending between $175 to $225 a day....does that sound accurate?

and does anyone know if Exodus or Gap Adventures are okay==one better than the other?

Thanks!

Adele

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
153 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Botswana Safaris: recommend a compay?

A good overland company (participation, camping, big truck etc) that operate in/out of Johannesburg in South Africa are Drifters - www.drifters.co.za. Should come within that budget & if you like the more 'down to earth' adventure type travel they offer great trips. Not all backpackers of gap-year people either.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
183 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Botswana Safaris: recommend a compay?

HI Adele,

Your budget puts you squarely in the mobile camping safari. My sons and I went on a 14 day safari with Bush Camp Safaris in August 09 and had an extraordinary time. I've posted lots about our trip. Feel free to look it up on TA.

Get in touch with Eric: eric@bushcampsafaris.com and ask about what he has available. He will take singles, and takes a maximum of 6 people on safari. You will be very close to nature, and have guides with you 24/7.

Keep in mind that Bush Camp is NOT participation camping so allows you plenty of opportunity to view wildlife, read, and relax.

3. Re: Botswana Safaris: recommend a compay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2010, 11:29
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
67 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Botswana Safaris: recommend a compay?

Hi

I've just come back from an 8 day mobile Botswanna Safari and the place was fabulous. However, the company i went with was not good at all - food inedible, truck so cramped didn't have space to put feet down properly and over freindly guides - i was a personal safari for 2 women. So rather than a reccomendation mine is a 'Do Not Use' - Dreams Safaris.

However Botswanna itself just stunning.

Kidderminster
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Botswana Safaris: recommend a compay?

We have just returned from Botswana and had a wonderful time. The safari part of our stay was arranged with Travel Wild (Nicky Potter) www.travelwildbotswana.com. We explained what we wanted and they came back with suggestions and advise. We would recommend them 100%. Hope you have a great trip.

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Botswana Safaris: recommend a compay?

You can try Letaka or Bushways (both mobile overland safari companies). Send me a PM if you want contact details.

Onne from Wild Wings Safaris

7. Re: Botswana Safaris: recommend a compay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 March 2011, 15:35
California
Level Contributor
477 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Botswana Safaris: recommend a compay?

I will second wild-wings and say have a look at Bushways (bushways.com), I am booked with them later this year. After searching around for an affordable option I came across them and so far they have been great to work with and they have good reviews on this site. Just my two cents but worth a look...... I will be sure to post a trip report in July after our safari.

auckland
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Botswana Safaris: recommend a compay?

have a look at the group Bundu we went with them and found the trip excellent small group

Texas
Level Contributor
42 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Botswana Safaris: recommend a compay?

Hi! How was your trip with Bush Way Safari's? I am booked with them for next month-August on their Fish Eagle Mobile Camping Safari.

Thank you

Nikki

envichick@gmail.com

Get answers to your questions about Chobe National Park