We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Kruger NP to Chobe NP

Brighton
Level Contributor
174 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
How to get from Kruger NP to Chobe NP

Dear all,

I will be visiting Kruger NP next Easter, but would like to also see Chobe NP in Botswana, however, I cannot find a flight between the two places. Can anyone suggest another method of travelling between Kruger and Kasane? Would driving there be a possibility? Any advice greatly received. Thank you!

Wayzata, Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,879 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Kruger NP to Chobe NP

Hi Christina,

The quickest way would be to fly on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday from Nelspruit/MQP to Livingstone/LVI. The flight is operated by SA Airlink and leaves MQP at 1135am arriving in LVI at 150pm. MQP is about 2.5 hours from the Southern part of the Kruger or the Sabi Sands. From LVI it is a 60km road and boat transfer to Kasane. The transfer costs USD 55-80 per person for shared services depending on the company you book with.

All other options would route you through Johannesburg with a likely overnight.

Craig Beal - owner - Travel Beyond

Brighton
Level Contributor
174 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from Kruger NP to Chobe NP

Hello Craig,

This particular flight you mention is already fully booked, unfortunately, otherwise it would have been ideal. I wish I had booked it a few months ago when I first saw it and planned my itinerary around it!

I'm really stuck now and may have to reconsider going that way at all as my dates aren't flexible.

Thanks anyway, the information is really useful.

Wayzata, Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,879 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get from Kruger NP to Chobe NP

If you are not on safari the morning you leave the Kruger area you can take an early morning flight from MQP to Jo'burg and catch one of the four flights from JNB to VFA or LVI per day?

Maun
Level Contributor
207 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get from Kruger NP to Chobe NP

There are also flights to from Johannesburg to Kasane direct (Friday, Sunday , Monday, Wednesday) on Air Botswana that are excellent value and save you a road transfer fee and visa fee for Zimbabwe/Zambia.

So you fly to Kruger (there is an early flight from Nelspruit that allows you to connect same day - provided you can get to Nelspruit that early!) and then you fly from Joburg - Kasane on Air Botswana.

Regards

Erica

Wayzata, Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,879 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get from Kruger NP to Chobe NP

The Jo'burg/Kasane flight does sometimes make "surprise" stops in Gaborone/GBE.

6. Re: How to get from Kruger NP to Chobe NP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 00:18