We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kruger or Chobe & Vic Falls with limited time?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Kruger or Chobe & Vic Falls with limited time?

Hello,

We are looking to go to Cape Town in March and wanted to combine that with a safari (and possibly Vic Falls). I'm trying to figure out if it's reasonable to spend 4 or so nights in Cape Town, then head to Botswana for a Chobe safari (2-3 nights) and Vic Falls for 1 day?

Or is it far more reasonable (logistically and price-wise) to do Cape Town 4 or so nights then fly to a private reserve at Kruger for another 4 nights.

We have only about 9 days to spend on the ground in southern Africa and I want to see as much as possible, yet not short-change the experience with excessive travel. By the way, I've done a Serengeti safari in Tanzania, my travel companion has never been to Africa.

Thanks!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
49 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kruger or Chobe & Vic Falls with limited time?

Farrah-Also trying to do a similar itinerary.

Did you ever make the trip - can you report and provide details?

My husband and I are in the same predicament. Many thanks.

Christine

worcester
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Kruger or Chobe & Vic Falls with limited time?

Do Chobe and Vic Falls they are much better that Kruger in my opinion

Cape Town
Level Contributor
18 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kruger or Chobe & Vic Falls with limited time?

If time is limited and it is variety of big animals you are looking to see (not numbers) then I would go with a private game lodge in the Kruger area. There is even time for 2 in a 4 night stay. You can fly between Cape Town and Kruger direct.

If you are wanting large animals in greater numbers, but no rhino, wide open spaces and really beautiful landscape, I would say go Botswana. Air Botswana will start flying between Cape Town and Maun direct from next month, June. So you could do Okavango Delta, then Chobe and even squeeze in Victoria Falls. If you need help planning this let me know.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kruger or Chobe & Vic Falls with limited time?

Having been to both regions I would definitely go to Victoria Falls and Chobe. I have never seen elephants and hippos in such large numbers as we saw in Chobe. Victoria Falls is breathtaking from the Zimbabwe side.

5. Re: Kruger or Chobe & Vic Falls with limited time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2013, 10:35
Get answers to your questions about Chobe National Park