We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights between Windhoek and Kasane

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
35 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
2 nights between Windhoek and Kasane

Hi,

I have 3 days and 2 nights between two tours I've booked from 24 - 26 November - I'll be in Windhoek (having done a 12 day tour around Namibia) and then need to be in Kasane for a 6 night tour to Chobe NP, Savuti/Zwezwe area and 2 nights in Moremi.

Any ideas of where I should see in the 2 nights? I've been to Vic Falls before so would rather go somewhere new. I realize this may mean an additional flight but if there's somewhere on the way or near to either Windhoek or Kasane please let me know.

Thanks!

Namibia
Level Contributor
557 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 nights between Windhoek and Kasane

I would fly up to Katima and take a transfer to Kasane. From there back out of Botswana to Impalila Island in Namibia or even better, do a 2 day houseboat safari. Completely different than anything you will expierence on the other two tours.

Clive - Suricate Safaris Namibia

Johannesburg, South...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 nights between Windhoek and Kasane

The Chobe is stunning this time of the year - just before the rains fall. Have a look at www.facebook.com/ngunivoyager for the recent photos just posted

Maun
Level Contributor
207 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 nights between Windhoek and Kasane

Flight wise there is only Windhoek to Vic Falls or Windhoek to Katima - from either you will need a further road transfer to Kasane town. So then this leaves you with doing something near either place. Most options would be river based, boating/fishing etc not big game viewing unless you stay in Kasane /Chobe area.

I have not checked days of the week for flights, and it may come down to what flight connection best suits your dates. Perhaps research that to work out realistically how much time you have (after all the transfers) and we can make suggestions from there.

REgards

Erica

4. Re: 2 nights between Windhoek and Kasane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2013, 06:17