We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on where to stay near Kasane, please.

Spokane, WA, USA
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on where to stay near Kasane, please.

Our group of four will arrive from Vic Falls on 22 July and we are looking for somewhere to stay for four nights. Chobe Safari Lodge is booked unfortunately. Does anyone have suggestions for us as to other options in that general price range? Many thanks!

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on where to stay near Kasane, please.

Hiya Colleenfred

You could look at Mowna Lodge, Kubu Lodge, Kwalata Lodge, Thebe Riverr Lodge, "River Lodge", Old House, Water Lily, Garden Lodge (not quite budget). Bridgetown Resort might be open. There's another new lodge next to Mowana - maybe one of the local guys can advise

Try to avoid Toro Lodge IMO.

My favourite spot is Senyati Safara Camp, just about 10kms south of Kasungula. The have about 5 chalets as well as camping. I stay about five times a year.Often have ellies around the campsite.

Spokane, WA, USA
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on where to stay near Kasane, please.

Hi Bushkid0,

Thank you so much for your rapid response and all the information. We will check on those places that we didn't know about.

Just curious - are you able to say why we should avoid Toro Lodge? Had just been looking at it online.

Many thanks!

Livingstone
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on where to stay near Kasane, please.

Have a look at contactbeyondthevictoriafalls.wordpress.com

This site gives contact details of lodge around Kasane

Spokane, WA, USA
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on where to stay near Kasane, please.

Thank you very much for passing on this information. Very helpful!

Livingstone
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on where to stay near Kasane, please.

I think that must be me! All these websites need user names and passwords and I forget them half the time and make a new one!

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
8,052 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice on where to stay near Kasane, please.

This may help:

http://www.kasaneonline.com/directory.html

Mfuwe
Level Contributor
944 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice on where to stay near Kasane, please.

This will get you to the ones that have websites- maunselfdrive4x4.com/nchobetokasanearea.htm

Johannesburg, South...
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice on where to stay near Kasane, please.

Hi, try the Nguni Voyager houseeboat that travels up and down the Chobe River in the National Park

9. Re: Advice on where to stay near Kasane, please.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2014, 07:15