We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saga Footsteps of Livingstone

Essex
Level Contributor
54 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Saga Footsteps of Livingstone

Does anyone have anything to say about this trip especially for active folk hovering around 70?

London, United...
Level Contributor
10,031 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saga Footsteps of Livingstone

It looks like a fairly easy trip , although I haven't travelled with SAGA . I do have friends who did their first safari in their 70s and really enjoyed it. My only comment would be that it would be nice to spend a couple of nights in the delta rather than just a day trip.

Essex
Level Contributor
54 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saga Footsteps of Livingstone

Thanks Brittraveller31 for this. They do have a holiday extension to the Okavango Delta but it is £900 for 3 nights in a tented lodge. Do you think this may be worth while?

London, United...
Level Contributor
10,031 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saga Footsteps of Livingstone

I would say yes, definitely, if you can. The delta is very special and the water based activities enable you to see some of the smaller details of the local environment ; my photos of a jacana (Jesus bird ) nest and of the tiny painted reed frogs are every bit as amazing as those of elephants and lions. Many people are only interested in the 'big five' but for me Africa is also about the small stuff.

5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Saga Footsteps of Livingstone

Thanks Brit traveller, it hadn't registered with me that the tour only does one day in the delta. Your comment has helped me make at least one decision

5. Re: Saga Footsteps of Livingstone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Chobe National Park