We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Okavango on mid price budget.

Brighton, England
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Okavango on mid price budget.

My wife and I are revisiting Botswana Late September / early October, returning first to the Eastern strip where we worked in the 1970s. We would love to see the Okavano which is a bit more accessable now than it used to be, but are put off at the $1000+ per night charges of many of the camps. Now in our 60s real camping and floor mattresses don't appeal either. So can anyone recommend a value way of getting some of the Okavango experience on a budget of around £1200 ($2000) each for 6-8 nights. (Budget excludes costs of getting to/from Maun which are covered elsewhere)

Having lived in Africa previously we aren't on a "big six" type count. We saw plenty of Animals in Wankie (Hwangie) Park. We are looking for the peace with water, animals and birds that Okavango appears to offer, and hoping that some operators are reducing prices a bit in these financially troubled times.

Mfuwe
Level Contributor
944 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Okavango on mid price budget.

Have a look at this website. Although the site is aimed at self drive primarily, it has a lot of budget and mid range accommodations in it: …webs.com/campsitesaccomodations.htm

If you are flexible and willing to risk travel without making reservations till you arrive, there are other options available which are quite amazing.

Robbie

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
183 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Okavango on mid price budget.

I recommend www.bushcampsafaris.com for the delta. WE slept in tents. However, we were on cots, with 2" thick foam, then a sleeping bag. It was comfortable and I have no doubt in my mind that Eric at Bush Camp can throw in a couple more layers of foam to make it comfortable.

Pricing will be no problem with Bush Camp It is efficiently run and we had excellent guides at a reasonable price. I posted a full account of our trip in a separate account.

3. Re: Okavango on mid price budget.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2010, 05:16