We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gondwana Tours and Safaris

Melbourne
Level Contributor
21 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Gondwana Tours and Safaris

Has anyone travelled with Gondwana Tours and Safaris. They are based in Maun, Botswana. We have been emailing Mark, one of the owners, for approximately 6 weeks and it has been a most satisfying experience. Mark really knows his stuff and we now have an itinerary that ticks every box at a very reasonable price. Now we just want reassurance that the company is reliable and able to fulfil their promises. They are nearly invisible in review sites and we need a little bit of confidence in their ability to deliver.

Millersville...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Gondwana Tours and Safaris

We (our family of seven) have recently returned from a 10-day safari that was organized by Mark and Steffi at Gondwana Tours, and I can truly not say enough good things about the experience. I "met" Steffi online, as she was the only one that replied to my initial requests about organizing a safari. Over the next few weeks, she patiently answered my endless questions, and we ended up with a trip that included two camps in the delta, a houseboat on the Chobe River, and an enjoyable stay at Victoria Falls. As the trip was approaching, Steffi again answered all our questions and had us well prepared for our trip. When we arrived in Muan, we were met by Mark, who welcomed us and made sure we had everything we needed.....and he waited until we (and our luggage) were successfully through security awaiting our next flight. Our trip included three flights, transfer from Kasane to the Namibia border, greetings in Namibia (houseboat), and transfer from Kasane to Vic Fall. All told, nine "exchanges" and all went seamlessly. The camps Steffi helped us choose exceeded our expectations at every turn, and the houseboat turned out to be everyone's favorite. The staff at each camp were great and the food was amazing. Our only regret was how quickly our African trip ended. Steffi and Mark truly organized a family trip of a lifetime from start to finish.......Enjoy! You will not be disappointed.

Greg

Melbourne
Level Contributor
21 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gondwana Tours and Safaris

Hi Greg, thanks for the glowing report about Gondwana Tours and Safaris. It is surprising that Steffi and Mark have not received more feedback via TripAdvisor and other blogs. Maybe their guests do not use TripAdvisor and I see that your report is a first for you. If our tour is as good as the planning stages that we are working through now it will be an amazing experience like yours. July 2013 seems such a long way away but watch for my report in early August!

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
4 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gondwana Tours and Safaris

Hi Greg, thanks so much for your great feedback and I am glad we were able to arrange such memorable trip for your family! Africa is quite a special place for sure.

There are quite a few reports on trip advisor from clients about us and also mainly places they have been to, but sometimes they are hard to find if the company names has not been mentioned in full or the report has been written in another language. But here are a few links.

tripadvisor.de/ShowUserReviews-g317055-d1643…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g472673-r8…

tripadvisor.de/ShowUserReviews-g472673-r9719…

However tripadvisor remains anonymous, where anybody with a pseudo name can add a report and we therefore prefer to give guests who would like feedback about us, personal references from guests having travelled with us. And regardless of where you end up booking your trip, I think it’s good to make sure the company you are considering is actually based on the ground and knows Africa first hand, as well as being reputable. It’s a long way to come and be disappointed!

I hope the above info has been helpful and helped to make a decision.

Steffi Presske - Gondwana Tours and Safaris, Germany

Melbourne
Level Contributor
21 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gondwana Tours and Safaris

Hi Steffi,

I appreciate your reply to Greg, which I received too, since I initially posted the request for information on your company. I tried so hard to check the Internet for your previous clients but I think most of the problem with the lack of feedback was because your client base seems to be predominantly German. And Mark gave us a contact who is travelling with Gondwana in October this year, so whilst they have had the same amazing experience with Mark in the planning stages they are yet to take their trip. But I am very comfortable now and we asked Mark to go ahead and invoice us. At this stage, July 2013 seems so far away but I expect to be writing a glowing report after our safari.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
4 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gondwana Tours and Safaris

Hi guys

Thanks so much for your reply. I am glad to hear this has helped your decision further. I am sure you will have an amazing trip and we will make sure Africa crawls under your skin :-)

About 50% of our clients do come from Europe, as we are also based here. But the other half is English speaking clientele, which mainly Mark handles from our office in Maun. We also had quite a few Americans, Ossies and New Zealanders travel with us last year and I will ask Mark later via email to send you their contact details, for references as well as travel ideas from people been to Botswana.

And July 2013 will approach much quicker than you think!!!

Have a great day!

Steffi Presske - Gondwana Tours and Safaris, Germany

Melbourne
Level Contributor
21 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gondwana Tours and Safaris

Hi again Steffi,

Yes, we are sure Gondwana will endear Africa to us. In fact, we are now saying that what was intended to be a once-in-a-lifetime trip could be just the first of many!

By now you will most likely know that we have paid our deposit and booked our flights so roll on July.

Next job..... I have to tell all those Aussie companies we spoke to that we have chosen to go with a company on the ground in Africa. A company who has the most amazing communication skills and credentials and is also nearly 25% cheaper! I think I will need a flak jacket!

Regards

Tania

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
4 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gondwana Tours and Safaris

Thanks Tania for the fab feedback, much appreciated.

Have a great day and speak soon.

Steffi Presske- Gondwana Tours and Safaris, Germany

Melbourne
Level Contributor
21 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gondwana Tours and Safaris

My pleasure.....and it's all true.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
4 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gondwana Tours and Safaris

brilliant :-)

I have just issued the security letters with our insurance company in Germany for you. Which is an requirement for all agents based in Germany. Mark shall forward them to you later on, once returned from the airport!

Have a great night.

Steffi

Melbourne
Level Contributor
21 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gondwana Tours and Safaris

Thanks Steffi,

And you have a good day too.