We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Selinda or Chitabe Camp

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
89 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Selinda or Chitabe Camp

I am down to two camps - going in late August / early September. Where we will the game viewing be better - and which camp is nicer.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Selinda or Chitabe Camp

I'm afraid I can't speak for Chitabe but Selinda is fantastic. The game viewing and guiding is the best I have ever experienced, the camp balances luxury and authenticity really well, and the service is highly personalised. We have such wonderful memories of it all. Wish we could come with you!

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Selinda or Chitabe Camp

Either or both camps might not be available for the dates you are looking for; don't wait too long before making your decision!

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Selinda or Chitabe Camp

I'm planning to visit Selinda myself next year because the wild dog sighting are amongst the finest in Botswana. Apparently, there are no less than 3 packs in the concession. You can see lions, elephants, leopards,buffalo,

etc, elsewhere but the Selinda, and Kwando concessions are one of the few places in Africa where sightings of wild dog are guaranteed. Selinda is also a very beautiful, and luxurious camp.

Edited: 05 June 2014, 10:14
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Selinda or Chitabe Camp

I love the wild dogs also I just recently stayed at Sango Safari camp and Chobe elephant camp and saw wild dogs at both!!

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Selinda or Chitabe Camp

I was planning to stay at Machaba, but I think that the wild dog sightings are as good as at Sango and of course it is rather less expensive. I also know that at Sango, the tents and food are also excellent.

6. Re: Selinda or Chitabe Camp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 05:15