We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Operator: Africa Travel Resource

1 post
Save Topic
Tour Operator: Africa Travel Resource

Hi.

When looking into tour operators in South Africa, finding a trustworthy site that contained reviews and rankings provided by actual travellers based on their experience dealing with specific companies / agents proved to be quite challenging! However, I wanted to share with you my positive experience with Africa Travel Resource and invite you to do the same.

Africa Travel Resource was included in the list of operators published in the Fodor's safari guide. We decided to give them a call to get their feedback on what we should see and have them pull together an itinerary that would allow us to have the most enjoyable trip while staying on budget. We had the opportunity to work with Paul, who proved to be extremely knowledgeable. For instance, he shared with us how Chobe is typically busy and that perhaps we would have a better safari experience in Kruger. Paul was able to answer our many (!!!) questions and provided us with feedback in a timely manner. All in all, I was very impressed by Paul's professionalism and would highly recommend them to anyone who is thinking of going to African in the future.

Maun, Botswana
Level Contributor
532 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Operator: Africa Travel Resource

Would prefer a trip report rather than an advert for a Travel Agent - perhaps for your 2nd post you could give us one

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour Operator: Africa Travel Resource

Thanks for the input! We're already booked through ATR for a trip in late August. Like you, we found them originally in Fodor's. We looked at websites of many operators there, and contacted a few of them, but ATR's website was absolutely the best, and when we called them the people there seemed quite good at what they do. They couldn't have been more helpful! So we have optimistic expectations, but it was great to see that someone else was quite satisfied with the work they do.

But now I want to leave today instead of in August (lol).

3. Re: Tour Operator: Africa Travel Resource

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 06:16