We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finger Lakes region

Which Binghamton hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Holland, MI
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Finger Lakes region

We plan to spend 3 nights in mid-April in the Finger Lakes area with our daughter and her 5 year old son. We are totally unfamiliar with this area and would like advice and/or ideas about where to stay and what to do. We enjoy hiking but will need indoor ideas, too, if weather doesn't allow being outdoors.

Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,137 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finger Lakes region

Binghamton isnt really the finger lakes area. If you want I can sugest some stuff to do in the binghamtom area

Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
95 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finger Lakes region

Yes. You'd do better posting in the Finger Lakes forum.

My suggestion in the Finger Lakes would be to visit Watkins Glenn. Also, Ithaca is a nice town.

Irondequoit, New...
Level Contributor
631 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Finger Lakes region

Watkins Glen trail will still be closed, Ithaca may have more to do from both indoor and outdoor aspects. The main trails at Buttermilk and Treman may still be closed (though this has been a strangely mild winter), but there are other trails, and you will still be able to see Taughannock Falls. Ithaca also has other indoor attractions.

Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
6,335 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Finger Lakes region

Ithaca has some great options for the 5 year old - the Science Center and Cayuga Nature Center.

There is also a great Saturday Farmers Market that starts up again in April at the foot of the lake under the pavilion.

You will be able to do the 1.5 mile (roundtrip) hike to Taughannock Falls. It is nearly flat terrain the follows the creek to the falls.

Since I am not a fan of the village of Watkins Glen and you won't be able to access the gorge, I can't recommend it.

Other nice towns further west are Geneva and Canandaigua.

Level Contributor
12 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Finger Lakes region

Hi. I am traveling to the Binghamton area the first weekend in October (Oct 4th-5th) and we are hoping to catch some fall foliage in the area. Does anyone have suggestions for scenic routes, rides, byways, parks, nature preserves etc in the area. I know it probably will not be peak color but I am hoping that it should at least have moderate color change. I will be coming from Long Island traveling with my husband and 2 boys (7 &9). Thank you.

Reply to: Finger Lakes region
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Binghamton