We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress Attire for The Sagamore in lake george

Which Bolton Landing hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island NY
Level Contributor
103 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Dress Attire for The Sagamore in lake george

We are going in August to the Sagamore with our two teenage children, just curious to know what the dress attire is in the evening. Has anyone been to the Sagamore in the Summer of 2010. How are the activities that are available on the lake? and what are they? Do they have bananna boats Kyaks, canoe's, etc???

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,093 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress Attire for The Sagamore in lake george

Lake George is a very casual place. I have not been to the Sagamore restaurants this summer but have never had a problem in the past dressed casually. Some will be more dressy though as is usual there.

At the boathouse on Green Island (the island the Sagamore is on) you can rent kayaks and canoes. It is part of the Lake George Kayak Company. I have not seen banana boat rides this year - at least I do not recall seeing them. But if there are any in Bolton Bay then Chics marina would be the likely place. You can rent boats and jet skis there.

When renting kayaks and canoes please be very careful. Stay closer to shore and make sure you have your life vests on at all times. I see people ignore these common sense rules all the time.

Whitehouse Station...
Level Contributor
1 post
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress Attire for The Sagamore in lake george

just got back! They have Kayak rentals down the road.Lake George Kayak co. awsome! Banana boat rides, great. and rent a motorboat, expensive. Everything is casual. Lake is gorgeous!

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,093 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress Attire for The Sagamore in lake george

Glad it all worked out for you. Thanks for the feedback.

Long Island NY
Level Contributor
103 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress Attire for The Sagamore in lake george

Thank you for responding

Westchester County
Level Contributor
650 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress Attire for The Sagamore in lake george

I went to the Sagamore last week for lunch. They have a new bar that overlooks the lake. Everyone was in bathing suit coverups for this bar (called the Lakeside, I think). Limited menu but still good. Excellent views. I also went there for drinks at night on their veranda. People weren't in their swimming attire but still casual. Mostly dress shorts and golf shirts for men; dress shorts, sundresses, capris for women.

Long Island NY
Level Contributor
103 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dress Attire for The Sagamore in lake george

Thanks for your response

7. Re: Dress Attire for The Sagamore in lake george

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2011, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Bolton Landing