We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress Attire: Sagamore

New York, NY
2 posts
Save Topic
Dress Attire: Sagamore

I am staying at the Sagamore in November and was curious about the dress attire. The website indicates that most restaurants are 'resort casual' - am I to assume that anything tasteful is fine except for jeans and sneakers? Do I have to 'dress' for breakfast?

Thanks,

Fashion Challenged

Clermont, FL
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress Attire: Sagamore

Pretty much anything but PJ's and bathing suits works for breakfast and lunch--nice short sets, slacks and polo's, etc. In the evening you'll need smart/business casual attire.

I'd stay away from the main dining room though, service was poor, and it wasn't as clean as it should have been. Very pricey for below average food. Every time we tried to eat at the Pub they were short-staffed and very crowded, and we ended up leaving before we could even get a seat.

The Club Grill is by far their best--we prefered it to the Trivium. Gentlemen should plan on wearing a sport coat or jacket to both of those.

Florence, South...
Level Contributor
136 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress Attire: Sagamore

You will see almost anything worn to the restaurant from jeans to blazer and tie in the evening. However it is a nice atmosphere and you would probably get more out of the evening experience if you dressed a little nicer at that time. Nice polo and khakis, casual skirts for the women, etc.

And no, you definitely do not have to "dress" for breakfast. Lunch you will largely see whatever people are wearing that is appropriate for the day and weather.

While the Sagamore is a wonderful, old resort do remember it is in the Adirondacks which tend to be considerably less dressy than in NYC.

3. Re: Dress Attire: Sagamore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 12:15
Get answers to your questions about Bolton Landing