We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Baltimore, NY

New York, NY
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
New Baltimore, NY

Hi - Does anyone know what one can do in or around New Baltimore? My boyfriend's dad has a house there and we're trying to decide whether to stay there (for free!) or at the Roxbury in Roxbury, NY. We're going in mid October in the hope that we can do some leaf peeping and light hiking. We also want to check out some antique shops and markets, and maybe some galleries. Lastly, we love to eat good food. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Poughkeepsie, New...
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Baltimore, NY

If I am not mistaken New Baltimore is just south of Albany about 20 min drive. Albany has plenty of galleries, restaurants, and I am sure that time of year festivals and farm markets. However, if you are looking for a rural rustic setting I would opt for Roxbury. It is further out.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Baltimore, NY

Thanks Deniza. Any specific recos for Roxbury in October?

Level Contributor
231 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: New Baltimore, NY

Hey ya could also "meander" yer way dowm mountain to village of Catskill then across river to Hudson,both great town/village recommendations-not sure the actual distance ?

Joel- have fun !

4. Re: New Baltimore, NY

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 16:22
Get answers to your questions about Catskill