We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glen Falls House in Round Top, NY

Which Catskill hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
4 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Glen Falls House in Round Top, NY

I have read that a couple of people have had bad experiences at the Glen Falls House since there has been new owners. Has anyone been there recently who can make recommendations on whether or not to vacation there?

Thanks

Level Contributor
231 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Glen Falls House in Round Top, NY

Hello "Dotcouple",

As an avid traveler & member of Trip Advisor i do check in occasionally - the Catskill forum relating to my hometown area.I felt compelled to respond to your post here relating to The Glen Fall's House and new management, as i've been employed there for 15 yrs.(managing bldg's & grounds maintenance.)I've had a wonderful relationship W/ previous owners & guest clintele & still keep in close touch w/ previous owner Richard Sulgar who's family had continuously run the resort for 60 yrs.As we all know*(especially in the hospitality business)-it's dificult to please all of the people all the time... Currently the Glen Fall's House is adressing it's 2'nd season of operation under new management the first yr.having had somewhat of a "trying" transition-due in large part to the passing of Debbie who ran the resort w/ partner,husband Richard . Suffice to say the new owners Rich & Maria Rasado will ultimately be facing some scrutiny as would be expected under these circumstances. I belive as The Glen Fall's House enters its second season under new mngmnt.all will be well.As most lifelong guests have said, "We welcome some positive change its- inevitable they're new,give em a chance" ! I think most would agree.

Sincerely, Joel :-)

Boston...
Level Contributor
4 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glen Falls House in Round Top, NY

Thanks for your help.

Dotcouple

Dumont, NJ
Level Contributor
12 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glen Falls House in Round Top, NY

Dear Dotcouple, we just returned from a nice weekend at the Glens Falls House under the management of Maria and Rich Rosado. We were a group of 11 - 4 adults, teens and kids down to 4 years old.

For those of us that went to the GFH as kids, I can tell you that some of the things that we wished for as kids have now come true under the new management. Here is a short list:

1) free wi-fi in the lobby

2) now they serve late-night food in the bar at the MOST affordable rates. You can get wings, burgers, etc. and prices range from $5 - $6.

3) now the bar is open all day long - no more closing down during lunch - not just for drinking but also for getting tennis rackets, ping pong balls, etc.

While many things have changed (and are still changing), all of those things that we remember about the GFH are still there including: kids ringing bells for meals, going down to the creek and walking down to the Icebox, etc. Maria does a good job in organizing weekday activities and there is a pretty long list. I would recommend emailing them for a list of activities during your stay.

Lastly, while the chef has changed, the quality and quantity of the food is still there. This is the first weekend away from home that my 4 year old twins actually ate everything on their plate - and they didn't have chicken nuggets.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glen Falls House in Round Top, NY

We spent a long weekend at GFH and enjoyed it. The staff and Maria and Rich were very professional under some very challenging circumstances(i.e. flooded basement). If you want clean, basic accommodations in a good location, this is a good, affordable place. Thank you for helping me choose a good place to stay in the Catskills whether it rains or shines.

5. Re: Glen Falls House in Round Top, NY

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2010, 05:15