We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3696 lakeland road, stow, ny

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
3696 lakeland road, stow, ny

do not stay here. this place should be reported to the health department. filthy. gross. an entire can of lysol and 1/2 container of clorox wipes didnt help us feel any "safer" or the place cleaner. fire pit is a joke. it is a rusted out tire rim! setee as they like to call it - is rusted, old, dirty, and worn pads on it. it has a ramshackle house in the view of the lake. the pics on the webiste must have been taken at least 10 yrs ago....the furniture is unstained and 1/2 way decent looking in the pics,older, but fine.nasty, stained, dirty.....downright nasty!i wont even begin to tell you what was under the bath mat......all i can say, is....yuck. the throw rugs have not been replaced in at least 10 yrs nor have they been washed. while the owners are nice people, .....that place needs to be fumigated and cleaned from top to bottom and needs some unstained furniture. not even sure what those stains were and tried not to think about it....we rented for 3 nights...only there for one night - which was about 14 hrs in total. i was afraid to put my children to bed! needless to say, i didnt sleep much. couldnt bring myself to lay down even though the sheets and blankies were from home!

that being said, chautauqua is a fab place! we left and found another place to stay and were overjoyed at the find! we did enjoy our trip even though it started out bad....

we are well traveled and usually dont write bad reviews (read my profile) but, this time, it definitely warranted it.

i understand what a "cabin" is...this place was just gross though. i didnt expect The Montage....but what we got was really bad.

just thought that since most people on TA are looking for advice and give such good advice, that i would post this.

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
960 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3696 lakeland road, stow, ny

Sorry the place you rented turned out not to be so great. There are many many nice cottages on Chautauqua Lake.

We have a cottage not far from Stow and yes, Chautuaqua is a beautiful place.

If you ever return I would be glad to help you find a "nice" cottage.

2. Re: 3696 lakeland road, stow, ny

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2010, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Chautauqua