We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Garbage is out of control!

Cohoes NY
1 post
Save Topic
Garbage is out of control!

It needs to be monitored and controlled. Where is it coming from? Pride seems to be the thing of the past for many occupants in Cohoes downtown. The streets are dirty too often and the town isn't enforcing the fines that are listed for violators. People say the problem is the amount of people living so closely and cramped. What they aren't realizing is that the city wasn't like that years ago and people were still cramped.? I agree that we have city workers who are using the street sweeper but too often when I return home from work on any given day that the street machine has come through the garbage gets pushed onto the sidewalk or people are doing what they do best and littering soon after the mess was attempted to be picked up. What kind of program do you think needs to be implemented to increase awareness and instill pride?

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,836 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Garbage is out of control!

Sounds like Cohoes isn't what it used to be! I grew up on "the Island" and it was such a wonderful place to call home. Last I went through Cohoes, it looked like a ghost town......my heart breaks when I think of it!

Did Golden Krust ever rebuild? Is the site where Keveny stood still deserted?

2. Re: Garbage is out of control!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 14:21
Get answers to your questions about Cohoes
Recent Conversations