We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cold Spring with a teenager and three year old

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cold Spring with a teenager and three year old

I am going to spend the weekend in Cold Spring NY with 2 teenagers and a three year old. I would love some ideas. I can walk around main street and possibly take a boat ride but would love suggestions.

3 replies to this topic
Brewster, New York
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cold Spring with a teenager and three year old

When? Why Cold Spring? Nothing really going on there except for weekend antique foot traffic. Closest "things" are some distance away.....the Vanderbilt and Roosevelt estates in Hyde Park....or West Point across the river....... What do the teenagers like to do? What are their interests? I'm born and live in Putnam County, and I'll try and help if I can....but Cold Spring? why?

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cold Spring with a teenager and three year old

I'm going to be in the area for another purpose but had a day to fill

Poughkeepsie, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cold Spring with a teenager and three year old

Cold Spring is the only thing happening in Putnam County. If your in town with a day to kill, check out The Outfitters for kayak tours, take a hike, maybe a Bannermans Island tour. Even a few hours at Little Stony Point.

Sounds like the other poster has an issue with Cold Spring...which is funny since our tax revenue (mostly from tourism) fills the coffers in Carmel.

Edited: 27 July 2013, 03:31
Reply to: Cold Spring with a teenager and three year old
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cold Spring