We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Farmers Museum

Louisville
Level Contributor
144 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Farmers Museum

We will be in Cooperstown for a day the first part of September. Is the Farmers Museum worth spending time to see?

NY
Level Contributor
781 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Farmers Museum

The Baseball Hall of Fame is of prime importance but I liked the Farmers Musuem. An hour or 2 would be plenty there.

Louisville
Level Contributor
144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Farmers Museum

Thanks travelus73. We'll go to the HOF first and then, time permitting, see the Farmers Musuem.

Upstate NY
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Farmers Museum

Absolutely! "Our Cool Obsession," their exhibit on the history of ice cream is fascinating fun, and wandering the 1830's village and shops is a great, relaxing contrast to summertime Main Street Cooperstown. The one-of-a-kind Empire Carousel and the Cardiff Giant are not to be missed, and the historic Todd's General Store and their newly expanded gift shop offer top-quality merchandise. And don't forget to visit the animals!

Louisville
Level Contributor
144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Farmers Museum

BrendaWrites, the Farmers Museum sounds unusual. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Upstate NY
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Farmers Museum

Fenimore Art Museum is right across the street and is another great way to spend a morning or afternoon. They have eleven galleries and are currently featuring "Folk Art on Fire", intriguing art panels on the sides of vintage fire trucks; and an wonderful exhibit of Frederick Remington paintings and sculptures, accompanied by a history of the American Cowboy. My family visited in June and loved it.

The Fenimore also has another great gift shop, and the most beautiful spot for lunch on their terrace, overlooking Otsego Lake.

If you're planning to visit more than one of the three musuems, make sure to get a money-saving multi-pass. Enjoy!

Louisville
Level Contributor
144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Farmers Museum

BrendaWrites, thank you. I'm getting excited about our trip. Cooperstown seems to have a lot of neat things to do; more than just the HOF.

Cooperstown, NY
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Farmers Museum

The Farmer's Museum is my 2nd favorite museum in upstate New York. It is truly wonderful.

8. Re: Farmers Museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 17:23
Get answers to your questions about Cooperstown