We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ramada or Hampton Inn in Geneva?

Which Geneva hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
PA
Level Contributor
56 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Ramada or Hampton Inn in Geneva?

My husband and I are thinking of spending our 1st anniversary in the Finger Lakes for a long weekend. We want to explore the area and visit the wineries. We're on a tight budget and some of the cute B&B's are going to be too expensive, and we're more "resort" and hotel people so we were looking at the Ramada and Hampton Inns in Geneva.

Has anyone ever been to the 2? I hear the Ramada overlooks the lake, but I can't tell about the Hampton Inn from the website. I also see on the map there are train tracks nearby, are they loud?

Again, ideally we would go to a cute inn for a few nights, but I'm really surprised at how much cheaper these chains are and will allow us the spending money to explore!

Any insight would be very helpful thank you!!

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ramada or Hampton Inn in Geneva?

I've never stayed at either, but the Ramada is indeed, right on the lake. It sits at the edge of a nice park area at the top of Seneca Lake, and I believe it has an indoor pool. While the park setting is nice, it's sort of hemmed in by highways, and if you don't get a lake view room, you'll have a view of a sort of industrial-type area. It may feel a little desolate. Have you looked at Belhurst Castle or Glenora Inn? They're both more hotel-like and may have some more charm. BTW, there are some reasonably-priced B&Bs in the area, along with what I call "ticky-tacky" motels along the western shore of Seneca. The motels may give you the hotel feel you're looking for at a lower price.

PA
Level Contributor
56 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ramada or Hampton Inn in Geneva?

Thank you for your input! I have indeed looked at both the Inns you mentioned and especially liked Glenora, however it was a bit above what we'd want to spend (it was an expensive 1st year of marriage! :) ).

We do not plan to really be at the hotel too much besides to sleep (there seems to be so much else to see!) So maybe the Ramada would be a good home base for us...

Thanks!

PA
Level Contributor
56 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ramada or Hampton Inn in Geneva?

Thank you for your input! I have indeed looked at both the Inns you mentioned and especially liked Glenora, however it was a bit above what we'd want to spend (it was an expensive 1st year of marriage! :) ).

We do not plan to really be at the hotel too much besides to sleep (there seems to be so much else to see!) So maybe the Ramada would be a good home base for us...

Thanks!

4. Re: Ramada or Hampton Inn in Geneva?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 06:21