We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best prettiest places to stay in finger lakes region

toronto
4 posts
1 review
best prettiest places to stay in finger lakes region

I am planning a short 2day getaway from toronto to the finger lakes region with my mother. there are some great very helpful posts on tripadvisor and so far (i haven't read through all of them), i am leaning toward watkins glen harbor hotel and Taughannock Farms In - both look very pretty and close enough to various sites. we are not very physically active people so no long hikes but we would like to see some falls, hit some wineries and farms/markets. any suggestions for places to stay in the fingers lake region would be greatly appreciated.

Geneva, NY
Level Contributor
195 posts
196 reviews
1. Re: best prettiest places to stay in finger lakes region

Watkins Glen is a nice little town to stay in, and it's very close to some excellent wineries. Being at the south end of Seneca Lake, you can drive north on either the West Lake Rd, or East Lake Rd and hit at least 15 wineries between Watkins and Geneva.

Watkins Glen State Park offers great views of the falls coming through the gorge.

2. Re: best prettiest places to stay in finger lakes region

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2010, 05:16